The administrators of SFHomeless.net are undertaking a new effort to clean up and reorganize the shelter/SRO/transitional housing categories and listings. Much of the information, especially the SRO category, is as it was five years ago before the government leased most of the available rooms in the city. We would like to organize the housing resources so that they are categorized in ways that make it more useful for users to understand and seek housing more efficiently.
The categories currently are the following:
- Housing - General Resources
- Housing - Shelters / Transitional Housing
- Housing Opportunities
- Housing - Resource Centers
- SRO Hotels
These categories will continue to exist on the pages for the use of the HAP Manual producers at their request. Additional categories will be added to agencies/entities that already have one of more of the above categories.
The new proposed categories are:
- Category:Housing-Agency Administered Resid Hotel – for a residential hotel converted to SRO use where some or all of the units are leased for government programs such as DAH, Care not Cash, CAAP, etc.
- Category:Housing-Privately Administered Resid Hotel – for a residential hotel that has space available for rental for any person regardless of government program participation. This category might described classic residential hotels that rent on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. SRO-Public can described a hotel where all rooms or even just 1 room is available for cash rental.
- Category:Transitional Housing – for a facility or building for the purpose of rehabilitating residents.
- Category:Shelter-CHANGES – a shelter that is managed and funded by the government, and is accessed through the Resource Centers and the CHANGES system.
- Category:Shelter-Private – a shelter that is not accessed through CHANGES
- Category:Shelter-Respite – a specialized shelter where medical care is given
- Category:Shelter-Family - a specialized shelter serving families only.
SFHomeless.net administrators will be undertaking this project, but we encourage anyone with information and a willingness to closely follow the guidelines to help if they wish. Please create a User ID and login before you do any work on this project.
Of course all wiki users are encouraged to contribute to the overall content of the sites when they see changes are needed, or they wish to add something new.
Note: These guidelines and category names may be changed around over the next few days (week of Feb 18) as input from the community is gathered. Please check back and click History on the top of the page to view changes.
[[Category:Housing-Agency Administered Resid Hotel]]
[[Category:Housing-Privately Administered Resid Hotel]]
|San Francisco Shelters and Housing Resources|
|Family: Compass: 44 McAllister & 111 Taylor | Hamilton: 260 Golden Gate | St. Joseph’s: 899 Guerrero|
| Single Adult: A Woman’s Place: 1049 Howard | Dolores Community: 938 Valencia|
Hospitality House: 146 Leavenworth | Lark Inn: 869 Ellis | MSC South: 525 5th st |
Next Door: 1001 Polk | Providence: 1601 McKinnon Ave | Episcopal Sanctuary: 201 8th st
|Resource Centers: Bayview Hunters Point MSC: 2111 Jennings ||
| Other Resources: Oshun Women's Drop-In Center: 211-13th st temp (101 Taylor remodeling)|
Compass - Connecting Point - Family Shelter Intake: 995 Market
| New Housing Categories: Housing-Agency Administered Resid Hotel |
General Resources | Housing Opportunities | Shelters & Transitional Housing | SRO Hotels