Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|People With Disabilities Foundation|
|Address||507 Polk Street (between Golden Gate and Turk), Suite 430, 94102|
|Phone||415-931-3070; (510) 522-PWDF (7933)|
General Information Edit
507 Polk Street (between Golden Gate and Turk), Suite 430, 94102
415-931-3070; (510) 522-PWDF (7933)
The Mission of People With Disabilities Foundation is to provide education and advocacy for people with psychiatric and/or developmental disabilities (with or without physical disabilities) so that they can achieve equal opportunities in all aspects of life.
Public Awareness/Education - PWDF presents free public seminars, examples of which include: Disabled students in elementary and secondary schools, coping skills and sensitivity training,
- Accommodating Students with Psychiatric Disabilities in Colleges and Universities,
- Health Care Issues for People with Mental and/or Developmental Disabilities. Focus: Emergency Room Triage Issues and
- Multiculturalism and Psychiatric Disabilities
- Guest speaking.
- Social Security Work Incentive Programs. Available in 1 hour CD. See the Online Store.
- Accommodating Employees and Job Applicants with Psychiatric Disabilities in the Workplace. Also in 30 minute training video. [Online Store]
- Housing Issues for People with Psychiatric and Developmental Disabilities. Available in 1 hour CD. See the Online Store.
- Understanding Employees and Job Applicants with Psychiatric Disabilities. This training video focuses on medical and vocational aspects associated with invisible disabilities in the workplace, functional limitations and ways to provide reasonable accommodations, if necessary. See the Online Store. Watch a five-minute clip of this DVD on YouTube .
- SSI and Social Security disability representation, including work and medical cessation (termination) issues at all stages including U.S. Administrative Law Judges, United States District Court, United States Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court. - Representation on ADA employment, Health Care, and other services as resources permit.
-- Brief services (consults) on Social Security, employment, health care, assistance for Medi-Cal based on disability and related matters.
- We have a sliding scale for attorney fees starting at $00.00 for those who cannot afford it. PWDF's policy is not to turn down any client's case so long as it has merit and sufficient evidence, so long as we have sufficient resources.